Thursday, December 1, 2016

31 Days of Blogging

The last few weeks, months have been a challenge for me to get out of the habit of staying in my happy place with my words confined to my various notebooks or as files on my computer and put them out into the world. As karma would have it over the course of the last 3 days of this week many people in my life have been telling me to start blogging to get over my fear of putting my words out there.

Today the 31 Days of Blogging Challenge came into my Facebook feed and I knew I could not ignore the signs anymore.  So, thank you Cheryl, for the virtual kick in the keyboard. 

As many of you can tell I am new to the blogosphere, so I hope that you'll be kind and if you see me make an error - I'd love to hear about it.  That's how I'm going to learn.

So, just a tidbit about my first day of December.  I woke up inspired by fresh snowfall and hoping that I would get inspired to kick it into gear with getting the Christmas projects on the go.

Well, that went a little sideways....good intentions and all. I managed to finish the afghan for my sister-in-law that should have been done weeks ago and then decided that I must get the Charlie Brown/Ugly Brown Snowsuit quilt out of the way before I got going on the first of the projects. Instead of simply moving it to the binding chair in the living room and leaving it there for tv watching after dinner, I moved it, took a seat and started up a podcast in order to finish my 2nd coffee.

Well, then the boys needed to go out around the block to get their daily dose of exercise, so off we went. Upon our return I needed, of course, to eat.  This led me to sitting at the table and getting annoyed by the fact that for the last few days my Office program hasn't been letting me save. So, after trying to be my own IT department I broke down and went to their support website. It helped. Not the first time, or the second, but by the 3rd phone call and 4.5 hours later I was uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled the wrong version, reinstalled.....until Yippee!!!  it worked.

Needless to say, it's time to put the dinner in the oven.  (I had even planned to be so busy with sewing Christmas things that I had taken some previously made and frozen shepherds pies out.)  At 4:30 pm I didn't want to start anything as I'll be busy this evening assisting hubby with prepping for snack day at work tomorrow - it's his turn to bake/take.

Therefore, I sat down to cruise Facebook while the oven preheated and saw Cheryl's challenge and here I am.  On that note.....I'm anxious to finish the first of the blogs for the month and wander through the other ones.

Good to see you all here and good luck with your own challenges this month!! 

31-dayblog-challenge-1

2 comments:

  1. Hi Catherine, it's fun to find you...we have Cheryl's challenge to thank for that! I hopped on board too. It'll be great to have so many blogs to read this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being part of the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete